- Level 3 Award in Education and Training Course Overview
- Why Choose Tempest Management Training?
- Course Content
Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTLLS)
£450 + vat
This qualification is aimed at those who will use pre-prepared training materials to effectively deliver training within the workplace. Learners will achieve the nationally recognised Ofqual approved Level 3 Award in Education and Training Certificate.
It will give your employees the expertise they need to be able to carry out in-house training to your team or external training for your customers.
It is a generic training qualification and therefore the skills can be applied to any type of training role whatever the business sector you are in. The aim is to give learners the confidence and knowledge to teach. By the end of the course learners will understand how to set up an effective and inclusive learning environment.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for individuals who would like to start training or for those who are already training but need a nationally recognised teaching qualification for their career development.
This course is ideal for anyone who want to reinvigorate their training skills, such as Managers, Proprietors, Learning and Development Managers, Heads of Department, Team Leaders.
It is perfect for new and experienced trainers who wish to improve their classroom skills and obtain a training qualification that will also enable them to deliver regulated qualifications with an awarding body.
The course is suitable for candidates aged 19+ who have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as that of study for A-levels. It is recommended that candidates should have a minimum of Level 2 in English or equivalent to undertake this qualification.
Tempest Management Training (TMT) are an established training provider who have been delivering training for over 20 years to employers and individuals across the UK.
TMT provide an extensive range of business training and development, to a diverse range of businesses including internationally recognised companies, local authorities, charities and smaller organisations, supporting employers through bespoke programmes and apprenticeships. We offer professional training and expertise in many areas including leadership, management, learning and development, coaching and mentoring, health and social care & business improvement.
We pride ourselves on listening to the needs of employers and work in collaboration with organisations, designing and developing programmes of learning, contextualised to the needs of the employer, individuals and the sector.
This course is designed as an introductory qualification to help you into the adult education sector.
- How people learn and the features of inclusive teaching and learning.
- Understanding the different learning styles.
- Strengths and limitations of teaching and learning approaches.
- Why it is important to provide opportunities for candidates to develop their English, Maths, ICT and wider skills.
- Selecting teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods to meet candidates’ needs.
- Engaging and motivating candidates and how to maintain their interest.
- Establishing ground rules for a training session and consider health and safety.
- Understand the practicalities of venues, equipment and resources
- Appropriate use of icebreakers and energisers.
- Develop a simple timed lesson plan.
- Writing course aims and training outcomes.
- How to structure your training to get the right balance of input and activity.
- Know how to use training materials and resources to plan training delivery.
- Demonstrate good communication to develop rapport with candidates.
- How to provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrating your new skills by providing a “micro-teach” session to your fellow candidates.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of your “microteach” session.
- Identifying areas for improvement in future training delivery
The next 3 workshops will take place via Teams or Zoom from 9:30am-1pm – please get in touch for confirmation of dates.
The microteach will be delivered to your peers within the group session.
The course is taken over three half day workshops and one half day micro teach which costs £450 plus vat.