Book your place
To secure your place on your prefered course, contact us today.
- Our courses
- Award in Education and Training
- Lead to Succeed
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Leadership and Management
Tempest Management Training are experts in the delivery of leadership and management training across various industry sectors, we pride ourselves in working in partnership to develop bespoke programmes to achieve business objectives.
Approved to deliver ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) and Highfield awarding body accredited programmes and qualifications, working with over 100 organisations across the UK, as well as being a endorsed provider with Skills for care.
We offer a wide range of training and recognised qualifications which are designed to enable team leaders, supervisors and managers to develop their skills and effectiveness as leaders.
We specialise in empowering and growing people to be leaders, identifying talents of individuals to form high performing teams and providing one to one support all delivered with a personal touch.
Level 3 Award in Education and Training
£395 + vat (payment plans available)
This qualification is aimed at those who will use pre-prepared training materials to effectively deliver training within the workplace. Learners will achieve the nationally recognised Ofqual approved Level 3 Award in Education and Training Certificate.
It will give your employees the expertise they need to be able to carry out in-house training to your team or external training for your customers.
It is a generic training qualification and therefore the skills can be applied to any type of training role whatever the business sector you are in. The aim is to give learners the confidence and knowledge to teach. By the end of the course learners will understand how to set up an effective and inclusive learning environment.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for individuals who would like to start training or for those who are already training but need a nationally recognised teaching qualification for their career development.
This course is ideal for anyone who want to reinvigorate their training skills, such as Managers, Proprietors, Learning and Development Managers, Heads of Department, Team Leaders.
It is perfect for new and experienced trainers who wish to improve their classroom skills and obtain a training qualification that will also enable them to deliver regulated qualifications with an awarding body.
The course is suitable for candidates aged 19+ who have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as that of study for A-levels. It is recommended that candidates should have a minimum of Level 2 in English or equivalent to undertake this qualification.
- How people learn and the features of inclusive teaching and learning.
- Understanding the different learning styles.
- Strengths and limitations of teaching and learning approaches.
- Why it is important to provide opportunities for candidates to develop their English, Maths, ICT and wider skills.
- Selecting teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods to meet candidates’ needs.
- Engaging and motivating candidates and how to maintain their interest.
- Establishing ground rules for a training session and consider health and safety.
- Understand the practicalities of venues, equipment and resources
- Appropriate use of icebreakers and energisers.
- Develop a simple timed lesson plan.
- Writing course aims and training outcomes.
- How to structure your training to get the right balance of input and activity.
- Know how to use training materials and resources to plan training delivery.
- Demonstrate good communication to develop rapport with candidates.
- How to provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrating your new skills by providing a “micro-teach” session to your fellow candidates.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of your “microteach” session.
- Identifying areas for improvement in future training delivery
Assessment is by a practical assessment (microteach session) where candidates must complete an assessment pack which includes a lesson plan and self-evaluation report. They will also have a workbook to work through.
The course is taken over three half day workshops and one micro teach which costs £395 plus vat.
The next 3 workshops will take place via zoom from 9am-12:30 on:
– Tuesday 15th June
– Tuesday 22nd June
– Tuesday 29th June
The micro teach will be delivered to some of our team at our training offices in Arnold, Nottingham on the below date:
– Tuesday 6th July (Micro teach)
Skills for Care: Lead to Succeed
£500 + vat (funding can be claimed back through WDF)
Lead to succeed is developed by Skills for Care and delivered by our endorsed providers, who’ve been given a mark of quality for their commitment to providing high quality learning and development for the adult social care sector.
This programme is designed to help aspiring leaders and managers to develop their leadership and management potential. The programme will teach how successful behaviours and practical strategies can support leaders in their day to day work, as well as considering how they could implement these behaviours and strategies, now and in the future.
Lead to succeed is developed by Skills for Care and delivered by our endorsed providers, who have been given a mark of quality for their commitment to providing high quality learning and development for the adult social care sector. Tempest Management Training are an endorsed provider for Skills for care.
The 5 modules cover:
Successful behaviour for leaders and managers
- To understand the value of effective leadership in adult social care and how its impact could be measured.
- To recognise key qualities and behaviour that can support learners to lead and manage teams and services effectively.
- To provide practical approaches to developing and improving the effectiveness of learners’ own leadership behaviours in a care setting.
Developing a positive culture
- To understand what is meant by a positive workplace culture and appreciate the benefits it can bring
- To explore learners’ roles in developing culture
- To provide practical approaches to developing and promoting key aspects of culture
- To develop an understanding of supervision within adult social care
- To explore leadership behaviours associated with being an effective supervisor
- To provide learners with practical strategies to improve their own behaviours when supervising others
Leading and managing the process of change
- To recognise learners’ roles in supporting changes within social care organisations
- To understand the value of working with others, and have strategies to do so, particularly relating to co-production with people who access care and support services.
- To have ideas about how the impact of changes could be measured
Leading and managing the inspection process
- To understand different aspects of a CQC inspection and what drives an inspection
- To have practical strategies to support preparing for inspections, as well as strategies for the day of inspection and following up an inspection – including how to use the rating is awarded.
- To understand how the success of these practical strategies for inspection could be measured
The cost of this programme £500 + vat in which must be paid prior to attending the course, on completion of the final day of the course you will be able to claim the cost of this course back through the WDF (Workforce Development Fund) through Skills for Care for employers who are part of the skills for care partnership.
Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring Certificate
Awarded by the Institute of Leadership and Management
£995 + vat (payment plans available)
To achieve this certificate you will be required to achieve 13 credits, the structure will include an induction, tutorial support & the teaching of three mandatory units including keeping a record of a coaching diary. Coaching and Mentoring qualifications are powerful tools for developing your leadership capabilities, they will open up may opportunities for your own development and opportunity.
This interactive course will equip you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to perform effectively as workplace coaches or mentors. As a result of this training we would expect you to be motivating, inspiring, challenging, stimulating and guiding others within the organisation. These are practical and “hands on” programmes, designed for key people in organisations wishing to improve their Coaching and Mentoring skills.
You will gain a critical understanding of the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor and deepen their understanding of how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation. Alongside this you will assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor and provide evidence of your own development through the qualification.
What will I learn?
- Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management Coaching and Mentoring
- Undertaking Management Coaching or Mentoring in the Workplace
- Reviewing Own Ability as a Management Coach or Mentor
- 18 hours of formal Coaching, alongside a coaching diary
ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
£495 + vat (payment plans available)
Having the knowledge and competency to lead and manage a team effectively is a great skill to possess. Leaders are needed in organisations to keep things ticking, to motivate team memebers, to build morale and embed teamwork.
This course is ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, or are wnating to progress within their career and are serious about developing their abilities.
It would be ideal if individuals are in the position to support practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people though organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures, however this is not a requirment.
Learners will undertake four kowledge workshops which will be held over a few months, alongside this you will complete eight work-based assignments to complete the qualification.
Individuals will be registered as a student member for the ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) where you will be able to access a rnage or resrources and information for leadership and management.
What will I learn?
- Understanding Leadership
- Understanding how to motivate and improve performance
- Understand how to establish an effective team
- Developing yourself and others
- Recruitment and selection
- Understanding good practice in workplace mentoring
- Understanding the communication process in the workplace
- Understand conflict management in the workplace
Learners must attend all dates
24th June 2021; 1st July 2021; 8th July 2021; 15th July 2021
9am – 12:30pm
Level 5 ILM Certificate in Effctice Coaching and Mentoring
The biggest thing that the series of coaching and mentoring achieved for me personally was increased confidence and awareness around my role as Registered Manager. Margaret encouraged me to reflect on my management style and abilities which resulted in increased confidence around my role. This resulted in giving me the confidence to access managers networking meetings and care forums in order to increase my skills and knowledge further.Dave Wint